Research Brief: CMO Impact on Customer Experience
- Company: Neolane, an Adobe company
- Price: FREE
SUMMARY OF KEY FINDINGS
- 90% of CMOs are personally responsible for the overall customer experience for their brand. However, only 11% actually own the customer P&L.
- CMOs at $1 billion+ companies rely less on financial KPIs to measure customer experience than their counterparts at sub-$1 billion companies.
- Across the board, CMOs ranked customer interaction management (39%) as the most essential tool to delivering the best customer experience today.
- Customer interaction management ranked within the top 4 most essential tools in 6 of 7 industries. The exception was retail, which relies heavily on email marketing.
- CMOs are less competent with the most essential tools. CMOs at $1 billion+ companies are even less competent — in every category.
- Overall, these findings suggest that CMOs are not fully equipped to be customer experience leaders within their organizations.